I want all you folks who live in and around Big Stone Gap to take a look at Miner's Park and see what you think. It is undergoing a serious renovation. So far, it has not been very costly to the town, due to help from Leonard Rogers, Parks and Rec from the town and the Job Corp. The Job Corp has really stepped up to the plate and done a great job. They delivered two of the concrete tables today along with benches. One of them has been set up and painted and the Town Council appropriated enough money to build a stage platform to be done by the Job Corp. We only pay for the materials. Hopefully we can add a cover for the stage sometime soon. This could be used for music venues and the like throughout the summer. Come and take a look and I would invite your comments. I had promised Lenoard help, but I can't now. I feel very useless, but the job is getting done and that is the main thing.





Bookmarks